How to Make: Coconut Salt Scrub
If you check the ingredients list on a salt scrub, you'll often find dyes and other ingredients you don't want absorbing into your skin. Try this simple salt scrub, and include your favorite essential oils to make it feel super luxurious. Read about essential oil benefits and quality here.
A salt scrub combined with self-massage will help to break down fat cells, tighten skin, and reduce the appearance of unwanted bumps. Many of the oils you can incorporate are not only cleansing and rejuvenating, but will also have a positive affect on your mood.
1/2 cup organic virgin coconut oil
1/2 cup Epsom (or Pink Himalayan) salt
2 tbsp Fractionated Coconut Oil
(or other mild liquid oil like avocado oil)
15 drops favorite essential oil
1. Melt coconut oil in microwave or over double boiler.
2. Once melted, remove from heat.
3. Add fractionated coconut oil and salt to melted coconut oil.
4. Stir until combined.
5. Add your favorite essential oil(s).
6. Let sit until coconut oil solidifies, stirring every 10 minutes.
Tip: Put in refrigerator to speed up the cooling process.
7. Stir until well combined and store in an airtight container*.
8. To use, rub on skin and rinse with warm water.
For the best bang for your buck on oils as well as fractionated coconut oil, check out the kits from dōTERRA.
*As a general guide, pay attention to the container that houses your essential oil, whether that be the oil itself or the recipe you make containing essential oil. Essential oils interact with some plastics, and we don't want any plastic leaching into what we're making. Stick to glass or stainless steel containers (or in this case, we recommend a glass flip top container for easy access).